Monday, December 26, 2011

Susie's Sinnamon Rolls Starting Out!

Well, I finally gave into my friends and family and it proved to be a very busy December!


For years my family has told me I should sell my cinnamon rolls, and I have always passed it off to family (and friend) bias.  It's always be nice to know they were appreciated and enjoyed by those around me, but to have them judged by perfect strangers, well that was scary territory!


For over 18 years, I have worked on the recipe, especially the glaze portion of it that was never quite right to me.  My family has (happily) endured many test batches of rolls over the years.  Finally, pleased with the results of all my experimenting, I decided to offer them to those unknown to me.  


I have to say, I really didn't see it coming. 


It all began innocently with a Saturday morning school meeting in late October when I volunteered to bring my cinnamon rolls to take the sting out of coming to school on a weekend.  Little did I realize one of those in attendance would become a passionate fan who would propel me into making cinnamon rolls on a daily basis from Thanksgiving on; from the minute I got home from work until the early hours of the next day.


I also created a Facebook page for Susie's Sinnamon Rolls that generated more orders than I anticipated!


I am so grateful to all who have ordered my Sinnamon Rolls, both pre-baked (for those that are shipped and local) and frozen (for those who are local)! 


The positive and rave responses I've gotten make me think that maybe my family was right - go figure!!  :-)


For more info go to:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susies-Sinnamon-Rolls/220212428051141

No comments:

Post a Comment